In this article, we share with you some of the top-rated garment steamers in the market right now that are going to help you get rid of the traditional ways of ironing clothes that can be time-consuming and require your patience, and is going to be hassle-free for you without compromising on the performance, preference, your requirement and most importantly budget. Without further ado, here are the best steamers for clothes and other types of fabric.
Best Garment Steamer for the Money, Below.
If you’re looking for a budget-friendly steamer that provides longer steaming times, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam is an excellent choice.
The small cons apart, this steamer seems to be a worthy choice for what you pay. PurSteam is so confident that it gives the product 5-Year warranty and money-back guarantee.
- Comes with a water-tank of 60 oz.
- Less than a minute to heat up the water.
- Once heated up, the steamer can provide 60 minutes of stable and smooth steam — without having to refill again.
- One of the widely purchased garment steamers in the market.
- In addition, the steam is so powerful that it can even kill germs.
So, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam would be a nice choice if you are planning to reduce your frequency of ironing. It sounds great, right?
- Comes with more than a bunch of accessories. Some people find it really annoying, especially during everyday usage.
- Also, despite the long duration of steam, there is a complaint about the less amount of steam.
Available at an affordable rate, Elite Garment Steamer by PurSteam is one of the widely purchased garment steamers in the market. While there are no fancy features, it’s a powerful companion for keeping your garments wrinkle-free and tight.
2. Jiffy J-200
The list cannot be completed without including Jiffy’s garment steamers. Jiffy is well-known for producing some of the best steamers in the market. Similar to the first choice on the list, Jiffy J-2000 is also a multipurpose steamer.
- Offers a powerful 1300 watt of the heating system.
- The water reservoir can contain around ¾ gallon of water that lasts for 1.5 hours. Also has a no-spill check cap.
- Steam generation is ultra-fast and builds up in just a couple of minutes.
- The heating element is made up of solid brass.
- The outer surface of the steamer is made of LEXAN, which ensures the product’s durability.
- The function of automatic shutting-off for added safety.
- Temperature wiring is color coded.
- It is heavy duty equipment.
- There is the continuous and powerful emission of steam from the garment steamer.
- The metal head feels heavy if used for a longer period of time.
- Moreover, the metal screws attached to the wooden handle can cause burns.
- Also, the hose of the garment steamer should be a little longer for ensuring ease of use.
It is made of all brass couplings, which means the device is long-lasting and robust. It can be stored away easily. If the minor, negligible flaws are overlooked, J2000 would turn out to be one of the best steamers of 2018.
Rowenta IS6200 has an easy to transport roll feature. The unit is not as powerful as IS9200; however, it offers features that make it a great commercial as well as home operating steamer. The tilt of IS6200 is also suitcase-inspired.
- Comes with a 1500 watt of power.
- The steam generated with this water lasts for 60 minutes.
- Works great with all kinds of fabrics.
- Head of the steamer is large, which ensures faster removal of wrinkles and creases from the fabrics.
- The water reservoir is transparent and can hold up to 81 ounces of water.
- Comes with three accessories namely, one crease attachment for pants, one lint pad, and one fabric brush.
- The handle tends to get hot and so does the power cord.
- The hose of the steamer is short and it has been found to sputter water on the clothes.
The performance of the product is uncompromised and so is its quality. If caution is exercised with the handle and the power cord, this appliance could prove to be just the thing for you.
Best Handheld Garment Steamer Reviews
The ESTEAM 120 Volt handheld steamer is by far the most compact and stylishly designed fabric steamer in this list. The unit is designed to offer you service you can depend on for many years to come.
Some of the other features that make this product stand out are the high impact housing and a quick one-time heat-up time.
The steamer is extremely lightweight, weighing in at just two pounds. This ensures that it is easy to carry around or to pack into a suitcase without worrying about your baggage allowance, and also makes it easy to hold and operate.
- There is an 8 oz. water tank, which prevents spitting of water.
- There is no feeling of dampness left after using it.
- With 600 watts of power, this handheld steamer prevents the need to lug out the ironing board.
- You can use tap water (no need to add salt).
- It delivers over 15 minutes of steaming per filling.
- There is an automatic safety shut-off feature for when it runs dry.
The Rowenta DR8080 X-Cel Steam Powerful Handheld garment and fabric steamer is a powerful yet lightweight steamer that comes from a brand name that is well known in the garment care industry.
It comprises a water tank that can accommodate up to 6 ounces of water. Along with this comes a water container that can easily be detached and is transparent so that you can check on the level of water inside it, once it is filled.
This model from Rowenta also comes with a lock function that allows you to shut the trigger to stop the flowing of the steam when necessary. The appliance is extremely handy that further comes with a lint pad, a fabric brush, and a steam bonnet. Its power cord is also pretty long enough (9.84 ft) for you to walk around the room while using it.
The steam does not take too much time to heat up, so it is prominently about 35-45 seconds. It is easy to use and you can carry it with you when you are traveling as well. And because the steam in it is so powerful and intense you can easily use it to dewrinkle more than your expected garments within 8-10 minutes.
Best Travel Steamer Reviews
Before buying a garment steamer, make sure it satisfies all or most of your steaming needs. There are three things you must primarily consider; performance, accessories, and price.
An ideal steamer should be able to contain the decent amount of water. It should be able to convert the water into steam in no more than a couple of minutes. This steam should last for at least 15 minutes. The water in the best steamers can last for as long as 2.5 hours. The larger the reservoir, the less often you have to refill your appliance. Your steamer should also offer you certain ease of use according to your preferences.
Accessories make steaming more convenient for the user. The more the accessories, the less complicated the usage. Some of the essential accessories are pole hanger, interchangeable steam heads, clips and nozzles, and the like. Garment steamer provides plenty of accessories with the steamers for the users. They help to make the most of the steamer and acknowledge its resourcefulness.
It’s not necessary for a good steamer to be an expensive unit. It can be economical and energy-saving. According to your usage, set a price limit for yourself. The price of the steamer depends on the size and utility of the appliance. For instance, a commercial steamer will be expensive in comparison to a handheld steamer.
There are three things that determine the price of the steamer:
- The brand of the steamer.
- The performance of the steamer.
- The general features of the steamer.
Paying both more and less can make you regret your purchase; either monetarily or performance-wise. Study thoroughly about your product and its price and only then buy one.
What Types of Garment Steamer Are There?
Garment steamers come in different types of shapes, brands, and design but depending on their size and usage, garment or clothes steamer come in four specific types namely: premium fabric steamer, travel steamer, full-size garment steamer, and handheld garment steamer.
1. Standing/ full-size garment steamer
Standing garment steamers are the most common type of garment steamers that can be easily found in different size and budget depending on your requirements. It comes with a base that is to be placed on the floor, along with a long tube and a nozzle at the end of the appliance. It further comes with a big rod where you can suspend the garments so as to ensure that they get stretched out and makes the task of de-wrinkling the clothes an effortless procedure for you.
2. Handheld Steamer
A handheld garment steamer is the need of the hour for those who cannot afford to spend their time in ironing their clothes with hands and have a busy work life. It is different from an iron in the sense that they are faster and more convenient to use. They are also lightweight, unlike an iron that is small in size but quite heavy. Furthermore, a handheld garment steamer does not even require a lot of space in your home. The base of a handheld garment steamer has water in it and a motor that helps to heat the water in the base and then convert it to steam.
3. Travel Steamer
If you are the kind who is always traveling for work purpose and require their clothes to be creaseless and free of annoying wrinkles then a travel garment steamer is the right choice for you. They are tiny and lightweight and you can carry it with you wherever you go. A travel garment steamer is essential for a lot of many business travelers around the globe, and can also be a great alternative for you if you dislike ironing at home. If you have a travel garment steamer, you can easily fit it in your suitcase and be able to keep your clothes wrinkle-free and fresh right before your important meetings.
Replacing your iron is not the end of this article. The idea is to purchase the best garment steamer that can help you get rid of from the task of ironing so often. Depending on your budget and convenience of design, you would be able to make the right choice here. Speaking from our experience, your investment in performance and safety features will never go in vain, either. We hope you find our garment steamer reviews useful!.