Choosing a single product is a tough job when you have a lot of options to choose from in the market. That’s why we have compiled a list of Top 5 Best Electric Shavers 2019. So you can have a look at the best and choose the one which suits your skin type and facial hairs.
There are plenty of out there, few are good when it comes to close shaving while few are good at comfortable shaving. Which one should you choose? We’ll figure it out soon!
It is a very personal decision when it comes to choosing an electric shaver. To be honest, there is not any best electric shaver which I can recommend you.
There are some factors to be considered before purchasing an electric shaver. Those factors are shaver’s nature, features, style, design, and comfort. That’s why it is not going to be an easy decision. Our top 10 list takes a look at the Best Electric Shavers available, from the shaving experience to the comfort level. And this list will help you to choose the electric shaver which suits you the most. I recommend you to read our Electric Shaver Buying guide below before making a purchase.
Below is the table which shows the top 10 best electric shavers 2019. Each and every shaver is chosen by our specialist reviewers.
Well, now without wasting any further time, let’s jump on to our top 5 best Electric shavers list.
1. Braun Series 7 790CC – Rocking the market since 2010
Our first electric shaver in this series comes all the way from German Tech Industry known as Braun. The Braun series 7 is no doubt the most popular series ever built by this company and the model 790cc is the most sold electric shaver of all time. Undoubtedly, it is still the best electric shaver out there and number 1 in our list. Enough Praise, let’s get into the business now.
The shaver provides amazingly close and smooth shave as compared to others in our lineup. Series 7 790cc is quite different regarding features from other electric shavers. The face of this electric shaver has three trimmers. Two of them are called “OptiFoil” while the one within the other two, is called “ActiveLift.”
The OptiFoil trimmers help the electric shaver to cover more facial hairs in fewer strokes while the ActiveLift contributes to cut out the short and in-grown hairs. Not to forget that this is a Pulsonic electric shaver, which produces 10,000 micro vibrations per minute, which helps the shaver to capture more and more hairs in each stroke.
The head of Braun 790cc is very flexible and can quickly move around the contours of your face. The shaver comes with an alcohol based Cleaning and Charging Dock., which can kill the 99% of the germs with the help of a single button. Other than that, there are 3 personalization modes available in this advanced electric shaver known as Normal, Intensive, and Extra Sensitive. You can choose the way according to your skin type and hairs. There is also a pop-up trimmer for trimming beards, mustache, and sideburns.
Overall, the Braun series 7 790cc is my all time favorite and best electric shaver 2019 out there in the market. The built quality is great, 3 trimmers, pivoting head, personalization modes and cleaning dock are enough for comfortable and close shave. Other than that, this is one of the most budget electric shaver available in the market. The price is very low as compared to others in our lineup.
- Budget Friendly
- Flexible and Pivoting Head
- Personalization Modes
- Solid Built Quality
- Automatic cleaning and charging dock
- Absense of Wet&Dry Technology
2. Braun Series 9 9095CC – The latest launched electric shaver of Braun
The next one in our list is also from the Braun. It is the latest electric shaver series launched by Braun and our favorite model in this list is Braun 9095CC.
The electric shaver is covered up with all of the shiny chrome plastic, which looks cool!
This electric shaver works in the same way as the above 790cc, the only difference is that 9095cc contains one extra trimmer known as “Direct & Cut”. This additional trimmer helps the shaver to align the hairs which grow in different directions and then cut those out. Other than that, the ActiveLift trimmer from 790cc is replaced by HyperLift Trimmer which is a bit more advanced and helps to remove the flat hairs.
Braun 9095 Pulsonic shaver produce 40,000 cross-cutting actions per minute, please don’t mix it up with the 10,000 micro vibrations of 790cc. It provides a bit more close shave than 790cc, the difference is not that much to amaze. Pop-up trimmer is also there.
Braun series 9 9095cc has all of the features of 790cc and it also has the Wet&Dry technology, which helps the user to use this electric shaver either on dry skin or with shaving gel for sensitive skin.
Here is a quick comparison of Braun Series 7 and Braun Series 9:
|BRAUN SERIES 9||BRAUN SERIES 7|
|Battery||Li-Ion 50m||Li-Ion 50m|
|Pop up Trimmer||Yes||Yes|
Wrapping it up, the Braun series 9 9095 has all of the great features including Wet&Dry technology which was missing in the above 790cc. It contains one extra trimmer which helps to cut down the hairs which grow in multiple directions. On the other hand, the downside of this shaver is that it is all plastic and very expensive.
- Addition of an extra trimmer called “Direct & Cut”
- Close shaving experience
- 40,000 Cross cutting actions
- Presence of Wet&Dry Technology
- Poor built quality (All Plastic)
- Very expensive (More than double of 790cc)
3. Panasonic ES-LV95 – Best Electric Shaver in Terms of Features and Value
When it comes to electric shavers, Panasonic has made a name for itself by providing some of the finest electric shavers available in the market. Albeit some might consider them to be somewhat on the expensive side, they make it up for the price by offering a great performance, and value for money. Previously, the ES-LV81 was among our favourite electric shavers available in the market, however, the much better, upgraded model called the ES-LV95 has dethroned it.
The ES-LV95 by Panasonic is made for people who prefer an extremely clean, and close shave. I know many claim that the manually done shaving is much better, but this electric shaver is here to change the game. Upon shaving, I figured out that the shaving came out very natural, and extremely close, making up for a skin that was smooth to the touch, and even all around. Not to mention, shaving with this shaver is super-fast, resulting in a lot of time saved.
Considering how this is Panasonic’s flagship electric shaver, it does come with a cleaning station for those who love them. The cleaning station is used to remove all the hair after you have shaved and clean the blades at the push of a button, it is super simple, and super easy as well. However, for those who are not looking to put the shaver back in the cleaning station, a protective cover is also provided, and in addition to that, you also get a leather traveling pouch.
With all the good things aside, I do have a few minor gripes with the otherwise excellent Panasonic ES-LV95. For starters, the shaver can be loud at times, and the perfect way to explain this would be to compare the sound with the same sound that is made by a swarm of bees.
In addition to that, for people who have sensitive skin, the shaver might be a bit too harsh in the beginning. However, do not worry, because the skin will adjust to the shaver on multiple uses, and it will not be an issue.
Overall, the Panasonic ES-LV95 is a wonderful electric shaver that does come with a price, but offers many amenities that end up making up for the price. It has no major, deal breaking flaws, making it one of the best electric shavers in the market.
- Shaving with ES-LV95 is simple, easy, and fast.
- The display is excellent and gives all the needed information.
- The cleaning station is a great addition.
- Sensitive skin might feel the harshness in the beginning.
- The operational noise can be a nuisance in the beginning.
4. Philips Norelco SensoTouch 3D – Best Rotary Shaver for Head and Beard
Philips is the master when it comes to Rotary shavers. No other brand can beat Philips in this technology. Number 4 on our list is going to be the rotary shaver Philips Norelco Sensotouch 3D, which is good for both beard and head.
We found this to be the most comfortable rotary shaver and it really sticks with your skin and move smoothly around your face contours and provide efficiently close shave.
The shaver got 3 independent round foils in the head which sticks and moves around the contours of your face. The pivoting head of the shaver helps to reach all of the hairs and stubbles. The foils can spin, tilt and can move upward and downward which is a great feature to help you out in shaving your head. That’s why this is the best electric shaver for Bald guys. The head of this shaver is called “GyroFlex 3D” because it can move into 3 dimensions which are a unique feature.
There are other amazing features available in this electric shaver is called “Super Lift&Cut”, which is similar to ActiveLift in Braun and Lift-Tech in Panasonic. It helps to catch the hairs on neck and jawline. It also helps the shaver to catch in-grown hairs, stubbles, and flat hairs.
Overall, the SensoTouch 3D is an advanced and great rotary shaver which have all of the latest features you can get from a shaver. It is fast and powerful and provides comfortable and close shave. There are few downsides but it made it the number 4 in our list.
- Three Independent Foils
- The head of this shaver can move into 3 dimensions, which is good for shaving head
- Extremely comfortable and close shaving provider
- Wet&Dry technology available
- Poor Built quality (All plastic and Rubber)
- Expensive Replacement Parts (Serious Issue)
- Fixed battery (You can’t replace it)
- Only chargeable through the dock (You can’t charge it using cord)
5. Panasonic Arc 4 – Budget friendly and Close shaving provider
Panasonic yet again, with a marvelous model Arc 4. It is almost same as the Panasonic arc but it contains 4 blades in the head and doesn’t come with charging dock.
Just like Arc 5, this model will also provide you an extremely close shave but at the same time, it lacks on comfortability.
Panasonic Arc 4 possess all of the features from the latest Arc 5, it is just missing a single trimmer from its head, and it comes without Cleaning and Charging dock. The 4 blade system available in this electric shaver is advanced and sharp enough to provide you the closest shaving experience. The blades are extremely durable, sharp and they can pivot at 30 degrees in any direction. It also contains the linear 14,000 CPM dual action motor which is really powerful.
Other than that, it provides 40 minutes of battery life on a single charge while the others provide 50 minutes of battery backup.
Other then that there is nothing much to write about it as I have already explained all of the features above in Panasonic Arc 5.
- Extremely low in price as compared to other high tech shavers in our list
- LED Panel available to keep you updated with the battery and motor speed
- Not that much comfortable
- It comes without cleaning and charging dock (Thats the reason it is available in very low price)
Electric Shaver Buyer’s Guide
Advanced electric shavers are the combination of technology which comes in a small package. Before choosing your electric shaver either from the list above or somewhere else, I recommend you to still read our Buyer’s Guide, it will help you to understand the technology that goes with in these modern electric shavers.
So without further ado, let’s continue with our electric shaver buying guide.
Rotary vs Foil – Which is best for you?
I prefer Foil shavers over Rotary shavers because of the closeness, smoothness, and design.
Rotary shavers were introduced first to provide comfortable shaving experience and shaving head. No doubt that rotary shavers are much more comfortable as compared to the foil shavers but they failed to provide a close shave.
Whereas on the other hand, foil shavers are expert in closeness. They contain sharp blades and advanced technology which I really like.
- LED Indicator: A charger with a LED indicator is good enough to keep you updated with the current battery level. Notify you when you plugged in the charger and warn you with the low battery.
- Corded and Cordless Shaving: Few of the electric shavers allow you to shave while your electric shaver plugged in while few don’t. Braun series 9 doesn’t allow corded shaved while Braun series 7 do allow it.
- Easy to use and clean: Make sure the electric shavers design is easy to use and clean. Almost all of electric shavers listed above are easy to use and easy to clean. Most of the electric shavers above come with Cleaning dock, all you have to do is to put the shaver inside that dock and press the button, that dock will clean your shaver. Some models don’t come with that cleaning dock, so you have to do it manually. But that won’t take more than 1 minute!
- Pop-up Trimmer: Most of the shavers come with an integrated trimmer which can be popped up. You can use that trimmer for grooming, sideburns, and mustache.
- Wet & Dry Technology: Wet&Dry technology allows electric shavers to be used either under the shower or on dry skin. If you got a sensitive skin, then you might prefer shaving with gel foam. That’s where this technology comes handy.